Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 1 / Day 2

It was a long journey from Singapore to Wuhan as we had to take the flight to Guang Zhou and then transfer to Wuhan. The Bai Yun airport in Gunag Zhou has many shops. There are even fruit stores on the walk way. It is something new as there is no such scene in other country airport. We had our lunch at the airport while waiting for the transfer. I felt cheated as it cost me RMB65 just for a simple buffet as shown in one of the picture below.
China Southern Airways lunch for the day:


Arriving at Guang Zhou:


RMB 65 Lunch:



Arriving in Wuhan:





Leaving Guang Zhou to Wuhan, it is about 1hour 30 minutes, a very short trip. After arriving in Wuhan, the local students with one of our Ngee Ann lecturer Mr Ng Hoe Chuan were there to receive us. However the first thing we felt was… COLD!!! It is around 4 to 6 degree. Everyone hope that we can get to the hostel as soon as possible.

In the coach from the airport to the university, I sat beside one of the local student. We spoke using English, and I feel that it is good for them to speak when there is opportunity. In China, the locals speak mandarin or their own dialect so it is harder for them to speak proper English. I feel that this is a good way of learning or improving on something.

After we settled down, we went for dinner with our clicks and a few of the local students at a restaurant in the street near our hostel. We manage to try some of their local cooking and get to know them better. They paid for our meal as a way to welcome us. It was really a heartwarming welcome from them:))
Day 2
The first activity in the morning was to walk around the campus and visit our classroom. It was so warm until I don’t feel like moving out. To my surprise, Miss Wong my lecturer came to see us. She was posted here for 5 months! Wow!! So long!! We felt good seeing her here in Wuhan.
After the orientation, we had our free and easy time. So I had my lunch at one of the school canteen. The food there is so cheap and we get the chance to tap the card to pay for the food. The food was quite alright, it manage to keep my body slightly warmer.

Lunch in school canteen:


Steamboat Dinner:

After that, we went Shopping with the locals!! Also we did manicure at one of the store in the shopping centre. All of us came out of the shop with nicely trimmed and colorful painted nails!! At the later part, we did some shopping to buy our necessities. Although I did not get anything I like, i did enjoy myself walking around the shopping centre known as window shopping. We then had our dinner at a steamboat restaurant. This time round, we treat the local students in return as well as thanking them for bringing us around. Later on, we became little children playing bumper car. Woo!! That was fun and exciting, and I felt real hot after playing. The time for the day was real quick but still it was a fruitful day hanging out with the local students.

No comments:

Post a Comment